- Chana dal is highly nutritious even when is roasted or powdered to make the besan i.e. chickpea flour or Bengal gram flour.
- It has a rich flavor and aroma.
Health Benefits of Chana Dal:
- Chana dal is high in fiber and helps to lower cholesterol.
- It also has a very low hypoglycemic index, which is important for those with diabetes.
- Chana dal is a helpful source of zinc, folate, calcium and protein.
- It is low in fat and most of it is polyunsaturated.
- Chana dal is extremely delicious in taste, full of nutritious and can be digested easily.